Windom Area Health provides more than healthcare services to Windom and the surrounding communities. We also collaborate with local organizations to provide community benefits.
The categories for community benefits include:
- Community Health Services – community health education, support groups, wellness and health promotion programs, health screenings or clinics.
- Health Professions Education – provide a clinical setting for undergraduate/vocational training and health professionals, internships and externships, scholarships/funding for professional education, job shadowing.
- Community Building Activities – cash and in-kind donations.
- Financial Data – financial assistance to patients, uninsured discounts, subsidized health services and costs associated with community benefit strategy and operations.
Fiscal year 2020, (5/1/19-4/30/20), reportable community benefits for Windom Area Health totaled over $675,000. Of that amount $44,375 was cash and in-kind donations to the following organizations:
- City of Windom and Mt Lake
- Windom Area Schools, Mt Lake Christian and Mt Lake Public Schools
- Windom Area Hockey Association
- Riverfest, Pow Wow, Jeffers Outlaw Days and Sheldon Labor Days
- Chamber of Commerce in Windom, Mt Lake and Lakefield
- Windom, Jackson and Spirit Lake Farm and Home Shows
- AGCO Health Fair
- Windom Sharing Center
- Windom Senior Dining
- Emergency Medical Services
- Lions Club
- Grain Train
- PCs for People
- Good Samaritan Society
- Cottonwood County Animal Rescue
- The Salvation Army
We provided on-site clinical education training for students from Minnesota West.
Financial Assistance and discounts to uninsured totaled $272,471.
Windom Area Health is proud to support the communities we serve.
References: Catholic Health Association. A Guide for Planning & Reporting Community Benefit. Washington, DC: Catholic Health Association of the United States; 2008.