Windom Area Hospital Auxiliary
The Windom Area Hospital Auxiliary is a volunteer organization comprised of nearly 80 members. The Auxiliary participates in many programs and activities that benefit the hospital. Some of the Auxiliary’s initiatives include, but are not limited to, purchasing and stocking gifts for the Windom Area Health gift shop, fundraising to help purchase new equipment, volunteering in hospital events, sponsoring OB gift packs for new parents, purchasing newspaper subscriptions for patients and families, and contributing to the hospital’s interior environment by decorating year-round, while paying special attention during the winter holidays.
The Windom Area Hospital Auxiliary meets on the second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m at Windom Area Health. The Auxiliary encourages and welcomes new members. For further information on the Auxiliary, please contact Mary Klosterbuer, Windom Area Hospital Auxiliary President.
Summary from April 2019 to March 2020
(NOTE: This information was to be presented at our Spring Banquet April 2020 and shows our activity before the pandemic.)
- The Auxiliary hosted recognition events for hospital staff during Hospital Week and Windom Ambulance members during National EMT Week.
- In August, we sold raffle tickets for Chamber Bucks and a quilt at the county fair
- In November, we provided volunteers for one week for Meals on Wheels.
- In December, members decorated 9 Christmas trees and areas in the hospital.
- In January, members enjoyed our 3nd Christmas Social at Windom Area Hospital before our meeting.
- Fundraisers were: Raffle tickets of Chamber Bucks at the county fair in August, Quilt Raffle in October, Halloween Bake Sale in October, fresh pecans and caramel pecan clusters sale in November, Craft and Bake Sale in December, and 4th Valentine’s Balloon and Bake Sale in February.
- All fundraising profits go towards equipment for the hospital. In 2019, we donated towards the Total Gym Power Tower and a Newborn Hearing Screening Monitor.
- We knitted stocking hats for newborns and made covers for weighted blankets.
- Lobby Hostesses guided and escorted patients and visitors three mornings each week.
- Our 2020 membership numbers were 38 Active, 26 Associate, and 34 Patron. Dues remain at $20 per year for both Active and Associate.
- Average attendance at our monthly meetings this past year decreased by 0.4 people to 25.9.
- We donated $7,316.85 to the hospital in 2019. Our 5-year average donation is $10,504 and our cumulative donations since 1974 now totals $267,208!
- Members volunteered 2,105 hours in 2019. This is a decrease of 52 hours from 2018.
- March election results: Recording Secretary – Marlene Smith, Corresponding Treasurer – Betty Olson and Board Members – Nancy Michalski, Diane Vellema, and Judy Woizeschke.
Thank You To Our Patrons
Each year area businesses are invited to become Patron Members of the Windom Area Hospital Auxiliary. These donations are used to continue support for Windom Area Health.
We express our heartfelt appreciation to the following businesses that have become 2019 Patron Members:
Bald Eagles Service Club
Citizen Publishing Company
Cottonwood County Abstract Company
Cottonwood Veterinary Clinic
Crystal Windshield Replacement & Repair
Fairland Management Company
Fisher Primary Eye Care Clinic
Fredin Construction & Cabinetry
Hardees of Windom
Hartberg Medical Clinic
Holt’s Cleaning Service
Hometown Sanitation Services
LaCanne Family Funeral Services
Lewis Family Drug
Lucan Community TV
McDonald's of South Central MN
Miller Sellner Equipment Inc.
James Miller, DDS
G.P. Nelson, DDS
Ninth Avenue Salon
Schramel Law Office
Smith Appliance Service
Staples Oil Company
Windom Family Medical Center
Windom Farm Service
Windom Quick Print