Staff Spotlight: Diabetic Education Team
November is National Diabetes Month and Windom Area Health would like to honor our Diabetic Education team for their dedication to health. The strong diabetic team is made up of two registered nurses, Priscilla Comnick and Rachael Fast and two registered dietitians, Abby Kipfer and Betsy Plotz. Between all of these individuals, Windom Area Health provides a wealth of knowledge surrounding diabetes and nutrition.
Diabetes Education at Windom Area Health
We know that living with diabetes requires the need to make certain life adjustments. With the right tools at your fingertips, diabetes does not have to control you. It is a manageable condition.
The program at Windom Area Health is accredited by the American Diabetes Education and focuses on providing you the knowledge and skills necessary to manage and take charge of your diabetes.
Your diabetes education team consists of a multidisciplinary group of certified health professionals. Together we will work with your health team to coordinate diabetes care that is just right for you, including glucose monitoring, oral medication, insulin therapy, insulin pump therapy and CGM (continuous glucose monitoring).
Registered Dietitians at Windom Area Health
Our Registered Dietitians may be able to help you with:
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Planning nutritious and affordable meals or snacks for your lifestyle
- Preventing or learning to live better with chronic conditions such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney disease and various types of cancer
- Understanding nutrition and its role on your health
Additional benefits of a Registered Dietitian include:
- Assessing your health and eating habits to provide recommendations towards better health
- Work with you to create an individualized nutrition plan
- Provide guidance, resources and support in management of nutrition-related conditions
- Plan and deliver group nutrition education programs
For more information, visit our website by clicking HERE. If you are interested in meeting with one of our dietitians or diabetic educators, please let your medical provider know or contact Windom Area Health at 507-831-0640.