Windom Area Health COVID-19 Operations Updates:
Updated 5/31/2022 at 3:12pm
Effective June 1st, Windom Area Health will be relaxing masking guidelines for patients, visitors and employees. While all patients/visitors and staff will need to wear a mask during treatments, appointments, and in clinical areas, masks will now be optional in common areas such as hallways, waiting rooms, cafeteria, etc. Patients and visitors to the hospital will continue to self-screen at entrances, where masks will be available. If you do not have one on at the point of entering a clinical area, staff will provide one for you.
Minnesota is making progress in vaccination, but the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has indicated we still have work to do to keep COVID-19 suppressed.
- Everyone who is eligible to be vaccinated can help do their part by scheduling a vaccination.
- Contact your health care provider to schedule a vaccination appointment or visit the state’s vaccination website at gov/vaccine.
- Minnesota is still seeing significant community transmission of COVID-19 and variant strains. Vaccination is the best mitigation strategy.
As Minnesotans adapt to this updated guidance eliminating the mask mandate, we ask our public for their continued partnership and patience.
- Hospitals and health systems care for some of our state’s most critically ill patients including patients who have weak immune systems, elderly and other patients who are at high risk for COVID-19 complications and deaths. Wearing a mask regardless of your vaccination status when you are in a health care setting helps protect these vulnerable populations.
- Hospitals and health systems continue to care for very ill patients with COVID-19 and hospitalized patients who are younger than those hospitalized earlier in the pandemic.
- We thank the public for their help in protecting our patients, staff and visitors.
Source: Minnesota Hospital Association
No drive up or walk in testing available. Testing done in ER per physician discretion with ER visit.
Patients seeking testing for travel, should work with their primary care provider.
Use the Main Hospital Entrance to access the hospital.
Entry during the weekends MUST be through the ER Entrance.
Rehab/Wellness Entrance is now open for Wellness Center Members, Rehabilitation (PT, OT, Speech), Wound Care, and Cardiac Rehabilitation patients.
All other patients and visitors, please continue to use the Main Hospital Entrance unless visiting during the weekend - then use ER Entrance only.
There are screening stations that all patients/visitors who come into WAH will have to complete to ensure staff, patient, and visitor safety. Please allow time for screening prior to your appointment. Surgical masks will be provided at entrances
Patient/Visitor Limits Updated 7/2/2021
All visitors must pass the COVID-19 screening and wear a mask at all times.
Outpatients and same day surgery patients are allowed up to two visitors to accompany them to their appointment or procedure.
Inpatients and OB patients are allowed screened and masked visitors during designated visiting hours.
Emergency room patients are allowed visitors on a case-by-case basis.
Hospital staff may limit visitors or make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday*: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
*ER Entrance must be used when visiting on weekends.
Billing Inquiries and Payments
We are no longer accepting inquiries or payments in person. To discuss any billing concerns, please call 831-0616.
Please Keep All Appointments
Windom Area Health services are still operating as normal, and we encourage patients to keep their appointments, including:
Wound & Hyperbaric Healing Center
Rehabilitation (Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapy)
Surgery & Pain Management (Some Limitations In Place)